Pushing for a comprehensive reform of the
We ensure the continuous and active work of the ITAS
Education Commission, in which representatives of
educational institutions and the IT&T Sectoral Council are
We are actively putting pressure on state institutions to
ensure the sustainability of the Alliance of Sectoral Councils
as an essential factor in the development of employment and
education policies in Slovakia. We are actively involved in the
management of the IT&T Sectoral Board.
We have 83 entities in the Digital Coalition - the National
Coalition for Digital Skills and Occupations of the Slovak
republic. Members include representatives from business,
academic, state and non-profit sectors.
- We support partnerships between schools and companies,
linking the activities of the state and the private sector.
- We motivate girls to study IT
Getting the Slovak workforce ready
for digital transformation
We are putting pressure on political structures to address the
serious problem of the lack of ICT specialists in the labour
We meet the needs of ICT employers and communicate
information on labour market needs to relevant government
and public entities.
Development of the secondary vocational
We develop fields of study in secondary vocational education.
- We cooperate with all IT secondary schools and monitor the
quality of IT education.
- We create new computer science programs for the needs of
digital transformation and new professions.
- We prepare a dual education system for IT study fields.
- We support activities to improve the quality of mathematics
education and push to reintroduce the compulsory math
graduation at grammar schools and technical vocational
Cooperation with universities
We increase the attractiveness of ICT education in order to
improve the professional perspectives of graduates.
- We communicate with IT faculties of universities.
- We motivate foreign students, especially Ukrainian students,
to study IT fields in Slovakia.
- We develop IT retraining programs and projects for graduates.
- We introduced unique, professionally oriented bachelor‘s
degree programs with a full or interdisciplinary focus
on computer science, information and communication
- We fight the brain drain abroad through attractive job offers
and employee benefits.
We test the digital skills of students
We have launched IT Fitness Test, the largest testing of skills
of students in Slovakia. We have already passed 8 years of
testing, involving more than 200,000 people, mostly primary
and secondary school students.
- In testing, we identify the greatest shortcomings and provide
results to teachers and schools to improve the teaching
- We educate public in cyber security.
- We co–organize digital skills surveys of employees in small and
National project “IT Akadémia” partnership
- We are improving the quality of informatics and mathematics
education at primary and secondary schools and also
- We educate teachers to increase their digital skills and teach
them how to use modern digital technologies.
Cooperation with all relevant employer
associations in Slovakia
- We are one of the largest and strongest members of the
National Union of Employers, we are also active in the
Entrepreneurs Association of Slovakia.
- We intensively communicate and cooperate with industry
associations. Our partners include the Automotive Industry
Association of the Slovak Republic (ZAP SR), the Association
of Electrical Engineering Industry (ZEP SR) and the Union of
Engineering Industry of Slovakia (ZSP SR).
We acquire foreign students and IT specialists
for study and work in Slovakia
- We have started and coordinated a successful project of joint
master‘s study programs of Slovak and Ukrainian universities
with the support of our members and other companies.
- We founded the non-profit organization Slovak-Ukraine
Centre, which helps in the acquisition of IT students in
Thanks to the program Work in Slovakia – Good Idea we help
with the return of Slovak IT professionals home from abroad.